Riverdale star Madelaine Petsch has a seriously awesome YouTube channel and her most recent upload is by far my favorite — a holiday makeup tutorial using all cruelty-free products.
I’ve recently trying to integrate more cruelty-free products into my life but makeup, that’s always been a hard one. Thankfully Madelaine gives you exactly what products you should buy. And they’re all relatively affordable!
Here, she breaks down one of her favorite looks for the holidays (click below for her full vlog tutorial).
Although Madelaine doesn’t like to use full foundation on her off days, she does do quite a bit to prep her skin. Her go-tos include:
- Glossier Haloscope Highlighter in shade Quartz
- Tarte Blush and Glow Blush and Highlighter in shade Rose Gold
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish in Shade 1 (although she usually reserves powder for going out
Madelaine likes to keep her brows pretty simple. She typically sticks to one product by ELF (that she’s actually been using for the last four years). Plus, she has a secret ingredient: Aquaphor! She says the product “lightens them” and helps give them a shiny glow. The exact products she uses below:
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyebrow Kit in shade Dark
- Aquaphor Healing Skin Ointment
This look is all about the eyes. Madelaine says,
“I’ve been ridiculously obsessed with smokey oranges and reds for the holiday season.”
For her smoky look, the Riverdale star decided to stick with tarte! Her look below:
- tarte Tartelette in Bloom Clay Eye Shadow Palette (Madelaine uses shades Rebel, Leader, and Funny Girl)
- tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1Mascara
Last, but definitely not least, are the lips! Madelaine decides to keep her lips pretty neutral since she wanted to keep it all about the eyes. For her lip look, she kept it simple with just a nude lip pencil and lip balm to finish.
- Glossier Balm Dotcom in Rose
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil – Naked2
READ THIS NEXT
Lena Finkel is the Editor and Founder of Femestella. Prior to starting Femestella, she worked at People, InStyle, and Tiger Beat. Her favorite Housewife is Bethenny Frankel and when she’s not watching RHONY, you can probably find her obsessing over her tuxedo cat Tom or hoarding drugstore lipsticks.