This article is part of a brand partnership.
Trends may come and go but there are some styles that will always be in vogue.
Below, we take a look at a few of the styles that never go out of fashion and how you can pull off each look yourself.
There’s a reason why blazers, suits, and structured pieces are part of the uniform that most people take on for work in an office: they’re classic pieces. Classic fashion is timeless and elegant, usually featuring understated colours and classic silhouettes. This style emphasises quality and craftsmanship over trends and flashiness. To capture the essence of a classic fashion look for timeless pieces such as blazers, trench coats, little black dresses, chinos, and loafers.
If you truly want timeless pieces, opt for neutral colours like black, white, and tan. If you want to make more of a statement, look for bolder, brighter colours that flatter your skin tone.
Stand-out classics include:
• Tailored Blazers: A tailored blazer will elevate any outfit, making it perfect for a night out in town or an important business meeting.
• Trench Coats: These long coats are perfect for those rainy days when you want to stay stylish yet warm.
• Pencil Skirts: This figure-hugging piece is flattering and timeless.
• The Business Suit: This classic two-piece suit is suitable for any professional setting, especially if it’s in black or navy blue hues.
• Shift Dresses: These knee-length dresses are perfect for the office and can also be dressed up for special occasions.
• Structured Blouses: A crisp white blouse is essential for any smart wardrobe, plus it’s easy to accessorise with a bold statement necklace or scarf.
• Trousers: Dress trousers in neutral colours like tan, black, or navy will help you look polished and professional.
2. Casual Basics
Jeans, white t-shirts, white tanks — these things will surely never go out of fashion. Of course, the style of jeans may change, the same goes for t-shirts and jeans. But having a well-fitting, flattering wardrobe full of basics will always come in handy. These basics also lend themselves to other styles if you feel like changing it up. You can add statement pieces such as oversized sweaters, printed blouses and eye-catching accessories. You can also dress basics up for a night out or dress them down for running errands on the weekends. Casual basics usually come in relaxed silhouettes and comfortable fabrics like cotton, lining, and polyester mixes.
Popular casual pieces include:
• Denim Jeans: Everyone needs a pair of denim jeans to create versatile looks that will take you day to night.
• T-Shirts: These simple yet stylish tops come in various colours, styles, and prints.
• Sneakers: These comfortable shoes will instantly add a cool vibe to any outfit.
• Sweatshirts: An excellent option for days when you want to look fashionable yet stay cosy.
Formal fashion includes pieces that are more appropriate for occasions such as weddings, christenings, bar and bat mitzvahs, and other big events.
For those who prefer masculine looks, formal fashion can include pieces like a classic suit and tie. For those who prefer more feminine pieces, formal fashion includes the classic little black dress, a pair of pumps, and a simple gold necklace. Formal pieces should be well-made, well-tailored, flattering, and, most of all, make you feel good. Opt for colours like black for a more timeless look and then add statement and colourful accessories to make the outfit more your own.
Some staple looks include:
• The Little Black Dress: This chic piece can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
• A Pair of Basic Pumps: Simple pumps in either a round or pointed toe will go with numerous pieces in your wardrobe.
• A Gold Necklace: Simple, classic jewellery like a gold pendant or chain necklace will go with any event look.
Boho clothes for women are all about mixing and matching prints, textures, and colours to create a unique look that’s easygoing and effortless. To dress chic boho, look for flowy dresses, wide-brimmed hats, and funky jewellery.
Key items include:
• Maxi Dresses: These long and flowy dresses are perfect for any event, from a summer get-together to an evening out.
• Cowgirl Boots: These stylish boots come in various colours, from black to tan, so that you can find the perfect pair.
• Wide Brimmed Hats: The perfect accessory for sunny days when you want to stay fashionable yet protected from the sun.
• Fringe: Add some texture to your look with a suede fringe bag or jacket.
Preppy fashion is perfect for those who prefer a more buttoned-up look. Preppy pieces typically come in knits as well as tweed and boucle. A preppy wardrobe might include button-up shirts, v-neck sweaters, tweed mini skirts, pleated skirts, tailored blazers, and slim-fit black trousers.
Stand-out pieces include:
• A Blazer: A well-fitted blazer can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
• A Sweater Vest: Sweater vests are perfect for layering over crisp button-up shirts or for wearing on their own when the weather is warmer.
• A Pair of Oxfords: A black pair of oxford flats are perfect for pairing with any outfit.
Ever wondered how the hoodie has stood the test of time? It’s because comfort will always be in fashion. If you want to embrace a comfortable look, aim for matching sets that will help you look more put together and less like you just hopped out of bed. Or, try combining comfort pieces like hoodies or joggers with more structured pieces like a nice wool overcoat to elevate the look
Important pieces include:
• Hoodies: Depending on your taste, go for either a zip-up, quarter-zip, or pullover hoodie to compliment your taste.
• Joggers: Hoggers can vary widely in fit from loose to fitted.
In conclusion, there are a variety of styles to choose from when it comes to fashion, from structured to preppy and casual to comfortable. Whether it’s boho chic or formal glamour, there is something for every style preference. By incorporating the right pieces into your wardrobe, you can easily express yourself and look fashionable no matter the occasion. So what are you waiting for? Go out and experiment with different looks to find the perfect style that suits you!
READ THIS NEXT
Preppy Fashion is the Fall Trend That’s Already Celebrity-Approved