CinemaCon 2017 just wrapped up in Las Vegas.
After 4 days jam-packed with premieres, product debuts, panels, teasers, stars, and movie-makers, there’s a lot to be excited about.
In our opinion and in no particular order, here are the biggest takeaway moments from this year’s event:
1. The Wreck-It Ralph sequel now has an official title.
Step aside Kim K, it’s Ralph’s turn to break the Internet.
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is going to be great.
The advanced screening of the film received positive feedback from viewers. We just have to wait until May for our turn to see it!
3. Cara Delevingne will shave her head for her next film role.
Delevingne told USA Today that she must get rid of her locks for her next film project where she plays a dying woman.
4. People are pretty jazzed about Blade Runner 2049.
Ryan Gosling debuted some footage at the conference, and fans are excited about the film, set to release in October.
5. The Jumanji Reboot will have a major plot change.
The reboot features a video game in lieu of the classic board game. It also features Nick Jonas and Dwayne Johnson. Yes, please.
6. Jordan Peele is honored as ‘Director of the Year.’
With the major success of Get Out, this is well deserved.
7. Fandango added more theaters to its site.
The online movie ticket seller is adding more theaters to its site. According to Variety, the new theater chains added to the site will “strengthen coverage in the South and the Midwest.”
8. Jon Hamm & Ansel Elgort are doing a movie together.
Their film Baby Driver bumped up its release date from August to June. We’re pretty thrilled to see these two work together.
Allie Bush is a Contributing Writer at Femestella. She is interested in creating and sharing entertaining and engaging content, in whatever form it may take. She is a proud TV junkie and in her spare time can be found watching late night talk shows, talking about Chrissy Teigen or Amy Poehler, or eating off of other people’s plates.