In late June, Ivanka Trump announced that she would “be staying out of politics,” despite being a presidential advisor. Since then, she’s somewhat managed to stay out of the public eye. Of course, it helps that every other day her father throws a temper tantrum on Twitter or makes some racist, authoritarian decree. But she’s recently popped back up in the media — because of her nipples.
In a recent photo posted to Instagram, you can somewhat see Ivanka’s nipples. And now it’s all anyone can talk about. But you know what? Who cares? Women have nipples. Men have nipples. We ALL have nipples! Some of us even have extra nipples (hello, Harry Styles).
So instead of focusing on Ivanka‘s areolas, let’s take a moment to remember all the horrible, no-good things she’s said, done, and not done since the inauguration.
1. Was Almost Charged with a Felony after lying about the percentage sold at the Trump SoHo hotel.
2. Lied about the new tax plan, claiming it “squarely targeted at creating jobs, creating growth, and offering relief to our middle-income families.”
3. Advocated for American-made products while actually making her own fashion line in China
4. Advocated for women’s rights while staying silent on Planned Parenthood (she later told Gayle King in an interview “not to conflate lack of public denouncement with silence”)
5. Got booed the W20 summit after saying she was proud of her father’s advocacy work on behalf of women
6. Lobbied Congress for a childcare plan that heavily favors the wealthy
7. Tweeted a single time in favor of LGBTQ rights and then never mentioned it again
8. Stayed silent after the events of Charlottesville, and again later after Papa Trump said there were “fine people on both sides”
9. Failed to convince her dad to stay in the Paris Climate Accord
10. Wrote a vanilla book (Women Who Work) about how white upper-class women can “have it all”
11. Supported the rollback of a policy designed to ensure equal pay across gender and racial lines
12. Stayed silent after Trump announced the transgender military ban
13. Convinced Trump to launch missiles into Syria, killing innocent people
14. Said nothing when Trump cut workplace protections for women against sexual assault during sexual assault awareness month
15. Admitting she’s officially stopped paying attention. She recently said, “Getting too engaged in the daily chaos is distracting, I don’t pay too much attention because it would be unhealthy.”
17. Posting a tone-deaf photo to twitter snuggling with her son in the midst of immigrant families being ripped apart and detained.
Must we continue?
READ THIS NEXT
Lena Finkel is the Editor and Founder of Femestella. Prior to starting Femestella, she worked at People, InStyle, Tiger Beat, and Sesame Workshop (aka Sesame Street). She loves all things Real Housewives and The Challenge. When she’s not busy binge-watching TV, you can find her taking an absurd amount of photos of her tuxedo cat Tom.