Watching Russia brutally attack Ukraine from halfway around the world can feel pretty helpless.
So many people are being killed, injured, and displaced. But what can we do to help?
One thing you can do is donate your money to the organizations that are on the frontlines. There are so many incredible people who are currently helping Ukrainians by providing medical care, food, supplies, and more.
Below we’ve compiled a list of various organizations that desperately need your help.
Don’t have any money to spare? Luckily, there are ways you can help that are 100% free.
One of the easiest ways is to contact your representatives and demand they provide more support and supplies to the Ukrainian military to help them fight off Putin and Russian troops. All it takes is a few minutes of your time.
Don’t know who your reps are or how to contact them? Find everything you need right here for your representatives and here for your senators.
Doctors Without Borders
Doctors Without Borders is already in Ukraine as we speak and is already providing medical care to those in need.
In response to the crisis, Doctors Without Borders is:
• Preparing medical kits for rapid dispatchSending additional emergency teams to the region
• Working with Ukrainian refugees in neighboring countries
Learn more about what Doctors Without Borders to doing to help Ukrainian citizens here.
International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is quite literally an expert in dealing with humanitarian crises. So the non-profit is well-versed in helping refugees and victims of war.
The IRC team is currently on the ground in Poland, working with their partners in Ukraine to help service refugees.
In response to the crisis in Ukraine, IRC is:
• Providing food, medical care, and emergency supplies to refugee families who have fled to neighboring countries
• Providing support to displaced families within Ukraine
Learn more about how you can support IRC’s rescue efforts here.
Voices of Children
Voices of Children specializes in helping children deal with the psychological effects of war.
To help Ukraine, Voices of Children is currently:
• Providing emergency psychological services to affected children and families
• Assisting in evacuating children and families
Learn more about the work Voices of Children does and how you can help here.
Sunflower of Peace
Sunflower of Peace is a non-profit based in Boston that is currently dedicated to helping those affected by the Russia-Ukraine War. The organization has mobilized quickly and has already sent its first shipment of supplies to Ukraine and has raised $1M.
To support Ukraine, Sunflower of Peace is:
• Providing tactical backpacks for paramedics and doctors on the front lines that contain a variety of first aid supplies and medical instruments
• Providing tactical backpacks for military combat groups who don’t have access to medical care
Help Sunflower of Peace deliver medical supplies to those in need here.
The organization CARE is dedicated to creating a better life for the world’s most vulnerable people.
In response to the crisis in Ukraine, CARE is:
• Providing supplies to refugees like food, hygiene items, diapers, and sleeping bags
• Providing relief supplies, transportation, and shelter to refugees waiting to cross the border
• Providing tents to child refugees stuck at the border
To support CARE’s efforts, head here.